Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Made a Liar out of Me

My friend Jessica came into town last Friday to have some fun during FQF though Jazz Fest. She said on Friday that she got the feeling that all we did down here was fest it up, drink and enjoy music. I said, well really only during certain times of the year. Like now. We laughed it off. Until last night. She met me out at the Wednesday at the Square, where I have been volunteering. Which is a free concert. Which also has food and drink. Kinda like a festival. We then went to Palm Court to see Craig and Mark Braud.....she then pointed out that yeah, we do kinda do the fest thing all the time here. There is always something to do here in this city, even now. Its such a good feeling.

Speaking of so much to do....I have so much work to do here at work it isn't even funny. You may be thinking, how then do you have time to blog? Well, one of my jobs is to cover the phones for breaks. And its one of those times right now. I can't seem to keep up. And I am in demand as well. HR came and asked me today, "What's going on?" I said, "There is only me...I can't do it all" She said she knew. I don't have an immediate supervisor. I am helping in Accounting, Purchasing and covering phones. Now some people want me helping them out in a different area. I came to work at 6:30 AM yesterday to try to help them. Its not working out. I can't seem to keep caught up in any dept. Remember when I used to be bored? Yeah not anymore. And I kinda like it. I just need to figure out how to juggle all of this. And if I could have my own work space, I think that would help. Oh and also? It would help if they actually hired me permantely. It should have happened by now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They still havent put you on permanently!?

They are working you like a dog and still not permanent!? I would demand it, thats really taking advantage of you, you should be getting health benefits and vacation/sick time! Not to mention retirement and any other benefits this company has! Your working your ass off them them, your obviously not a temp anymore, they need to start compensating you for that!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Lisa....

Tell your friend it's just a Stacey kinda thing.....Lisa (sis)

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home