Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, October 19, 2007

A Moment like This.....

I tend to talk to people down here about the perfect NOLA moments that seem to happen. Random things will happen, and you will look at someone and say "that is a NOLA moment" several happened last night. I took my weekly jaunt to d.b.a to see Paul Sanchez who was playing his last Thursday night gig there until next year. During one of his songs (I forget which one) a bottle fell in perfect strum with him. He even had to stop to mention it. Later right as he was playing one of his last songs, a parade went by. Seriously there were people on stilts, costumes, music and just having a fantastic time. All we knew is it was a parade in NOLA. That was definetly a moment. We had laughs the entire night. Paul was just happy and having a good time, the song requests were coming out of left field and we heard some pretty interesting ones. Back in March when Paul started the first round of Thursday night gigs, it was a rainy and stormy night. There was lighting flashing everywhere. Last night? The same thing. I thought it was poetic, starting and ending with the same type of weather. To me that was a great moment. Always remember those kind of moments, NOLA ones or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home