Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Moments

Last week I talked about those NOLA moments that you can have. I had several yesterday. I was sitting at a coffee shop killing some time before having to go and do some flyer-ing for the upcoming Bonerama gig. I figured there was no better place than the Wednesday in the Square, considering that Bonerama had played there the week before. I pulled out the new addition of Chris Roses' "One Dead in Attic" My sister had sent it to me for my birthday. I hadn't read the first addition in almost 2 years, and this one had about 47 more stories in it. I was just finishing up the introduction when someone walked up to me...
"Is that a new version"
"Yup it sure is"
"Wow...more stories?"
"About 47 more"
"That is great"

I continue on reading and having my coffee. I am reliving some of the first days after the thing through Chris's stories. I remembered how I felt the first time I read them online. Remembering the despair. Someone else walks up.
"I am in that book, page 247"
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah, they call me Peace Among the Ruins"
"Very cool"

Later the same gentleman came over and told me of a art gallery opening for Chris Rose on Nov. 2nd and that he would be doing a book signing as well, if I wanted my book signed. I told him since the first addition was signed, I might as well get the new one signed as well.

I continued reading on until it was time to get to start flyer-ing. I realized at one point that almost 2 years ago? We didn't think there would ever be this problem again....but here we are, 2 years and a few months after the thing, there is so much going on this weekend that people are going to be overwhelmed with the opportunities this weekend. It is actually a really good problem to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home