Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Frustration Galore

For the past year I have had, shall we call issues with my computer. I have documented this in the past. The lastest, my co-worker reinstalled my operating system. It lasted a day. I have talked to several people including someone whose 2nd job is computer repair. I need a new hard drive. I had been talking to Dell since I had a 2 year warranty. (yes this computer is just over 2 years old and I have had a problem with it pretty much since I had it) Everytime I would talk to someone at Dell, I would get different answers, different people. They would send me the wrong discs that they would swear would "fix it" Thus wasting more time. They kept sending things to the address the computer was orginally sent to (pre katrina) even THOUGH I would tell them not to, and would give them the correct address. Again wasting more time. Guess what? My warranty ran out....and the computer is not fixed. I emailed their customer service to tell them how sucky their customer service was. Someone emailed me back and I fell for their "I am so sorry, I will take full ownership of this, please let me know what the computer is doing we will fix this" I have since heard from TWO different people (not the person taking full ownership) and they are telling me "sorry but you're not under warranty any more" I have never been so furious with a major corporation, I can't believe that they have their heads up their asses. Once again, please don't come here and preach about Apple and how much better Macs are. I have had problems with them in the past as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Oh man..that really sucks Stacey. While I didn't have any experience with Dell, I have had experience with dealing with warrenties and they are just a pain. Seems like they just drag it out until conditions of the warrenty can't be met and then they turn around and shove it down your throat.

3:59 PM  
Blogger DellCAJohn said...

I am a support analyst at Dell headquarters, and thought I'd drop in to offer my help and clear a few things up.

The first item I'd like to address is your current repair situation. If indeed you've been dealing with the same problem since before your warranty expired, that would be something we should be repairing regardless of your warranty status. If you're being told anything else, please send your case number or service tag to me, and I'll look into your case myself.

Secondly, we don't have "authorized repair shops". Your support options for parts replacement are completely dependent on the type of third-party service contract you purchased with the computer.

All that aside, please send me your case number and as complete a description of your current technical difficulties:

customer_advocate@dell.com
'ATTN:John'

If you're being treated unfairly, I'd be happy to put a stop to it.

John
Dell Customer Advocate

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home