Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Run Forest Run!

Remember a few months back when I mentioned that Kristen and I were going to participate in the Mardi Gras Marathon? That we had started running/walking in preparation for this event? Notice that I haven't said a word about it since? Yeah. Well the truth is for about a week we did really good. Maybe it was 2 weeks. Things started popping up here and there and we would miss a day. Then the next day. And the next, so on and so forth until here we are today and we haven't done any running or walking in oh I don't know a month and a half? Not even the motivational email hanging on the fridge from a very inspirational person has helped much. Other than make us laugh. Laughing is good for you. In all I am a little disappointed in myself since we started out so good and then plunged off so fast and hard. I would really like to participate however I know that there is no way we could get in the proper condition to do a good job in enough time. We both keep saying that we need to get back out there and workout, myself especially since I am so adamant against buying new clothes unless absolutely necessary (thankfully I still fit in a jean size though I don't know how...considering how much I have eaten lately)

We came to the determination that to get us really working out that we needed an "event" to get us going. This was the second event that we tried for. The first one is also about to roll around, and today I was reminded of it as a call has once again been made extra people to help out. Last year about this time I made mention of it to Kristen and we kind of talked about joining then after Mardi Gras Kristen became gung ho about it. This is coming from someone who doesn't really get into the whole costume thing, and doesn't want to be seen doing anything "indecent" so her students/parents could see. Not that it is indecent. Much. That and it is for the most part anonymous. I was talking to a friend one day and she is part of it. She asked randomly if I could hula hoop. Not so well, though its making a big comeback. They are trying to incorporate it this year into the "Bearded Oysters". A walking krewe that is part of Krewe of Oak and Muses. So there are at least 3 parades they participate in. If you go to the website and see the outfits, you will see why you need to be in reasonably good shape. It looks like a lot of fun and maybe one year I will get to join. This year will not be one of them.

Maybe I don't need an event. I think I just need an extremely good kick in the ass and need someone that will constantly push me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bearded Oysters rock! That would be so much fun to join them!

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home