Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, November 05, 2007

Weekend

Being sick over a weekend is no fun. I felt the need to be responsible and grown up and to take care of my body this weekend. I did joke at one point that maybe the alchol could kill the germs that had invaded my body. However gaining the energy to move beyond the couch or my bed was just too much for me. Friday night, I was asleep by 7:30 PM. Seriously. I was then up early on Saturday but I didn't do much beyond watch a few movies and doze in and out. I did get the energy to shower and we did head out to the Mirloton (sp) festival for a few hours. We caught Big Sam and Morning 40 Federation. Several of my friends commented on the lack of enthusiusm that I had for the evening. I couldn't help it. I was enjoying the music and company, but once again the energy was lacking. It was nice to hang out with some people outside their normal work atmosphere. After that ended a few of us went to dinner at a Mexican resturant and then I was asleep by 9 PM on the couch. I tried to watch "Legally Blonde the Musical" that had been tivo'd off of MTV but I just couldnt' get into it. Sunday I was up at the crack of dawn....meaning 6 AM and did make it down to the Maple Leaf to watch the Saints win. They all knew I was off there as well....I only drank coke. Of course that meant last night I crashed at 8:00....such a thrilling weekend of trying to rest, getting it, and still feeling drained beyond belief. The crap that I am coughing up isn't pleasant either. The good thing is I am not waking myself up coughing at night. Yet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After the busy months you've had recently it's no wonder you're sick! Your body is telling you to slow down and rest! Hope you feel better soon!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I hope you feel better soon!!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home