Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Who knew?


Thank you for delurking and say hi!! I knew some people were reading but didn't know who. So stick around and I hope you enjoy. :)

So far the weekend has been busy. Friday night of course was the big Bonerama/OK Go show. I was surprised to hear that OK Go was starting the show out. I thought it was going to be the other way around, but it made me damn happy regardless. There was a really nice crowd and everyone seemed to be having a good time. Mark and Craig came out for the last song of OK Go and played with them. Then the Bones took the stage and totally rocked it out. At one point Damian of OK Go was totally rocking out to Bonerama off to the side of the stage. He looked like a happy little boy. He took the stage and did a few songs with them. He also wouldn't let Bonerama finish until they played War Pigs. By then him and few other members were out in the middle of the audience having fun. It was a pretty sweet night.

Yesterday I hung out having a relaxing day. We headed down the street to see Paul Sanchez play at Carrollton Station. It was a killer set from him. He started right after 10 and played for four hours STRAIGHT. He played a ton of his older stuff and he told a lot of stories that I hadn't heard before or longer versions. He had me cracking up. I have noticed that as he has been doing more of these solo shows that his singing voice has improved so much and he is so much more happy and enjoying life so much more. It has been really nice.

After he was done I headed on down to the Maple Leaf and caught the last 45 mins or so of Johnny Sketch. The place was packed and dancing their asses off. It was quite a different atmosphere than I had just been in. Apparently Drew Barrymore and Justin Long were there last night. Either they left before I got there or I just didn't see them. It is quite possible that I just didn't see them.

Later on this afternoon I am going down to the Quarter to see Leroy Jones play and then some more of Paul Sanchez. It is a good thing that I love this town. So far this weekend I have clocked in about 8-1/2 hours of live music and I am ready for some more!

4 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Oh, the Bone show sounds like a great time!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

You know how to rock a NOLA weekend like no other! I always get tired just reading about your busy days and nights!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Veronica said...

If that isn't a perfect weekend I don't know what is.

I plan on going to The Maple Leaf very soon. I'll let you know when I'm going and hopefully I'll be able to to say hi in person.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only heard and didn't see when the guy told the crowd the Bones couldn't leave the stage without "War Pigs" - didn't realize it was Damian Kulash! Soooo COOL!!

-Janice

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home