Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, January 04, 2008

First Friday

We are just days away from my favorite season, Mardi Gras. Actually, it may be my second Festival season just maybe my first (French Quarter Fest/Jazz Fest). Mardi Gras is a very close second. On Sunday I will be able to enjoy my first piece of King Cake. In fact I think I will have to make a trip to the store on Saturday so the first thing I have when I wake up on Sunday is a piece of King Cake. At some point this weekend the Christmas tree will come down. If I had Mardi Gras decorations I would put them up. They will come into the house sooner rather than later in the form of beads, cups, doubloons, stuffed animals and other wild and crazy assorted throws that we will be catching.

I can't express to those of you that Mardi Gras just isn't that drunken insanity that happens on Bourbon Street. It is a time to hang out with your friends, dance in the streets to the beats, have some food. Yell and cheer "Ya know ya saaaasssssssy!!" as the marching bands go by. Time to pull out the ladders so the kids get the best spots. To catch that "must have" item a shoe from Muses or a coconut from Zulu. Getting into a wild costume and literally dance down the street and across town. All while consuming some King Cake.

Yeah I love this town.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I already ordered our first two king cakes! But they wont be here until the 11th! One for us and one for ASB! Then I have to get one for work, one for Connor to take to school and one for the Mole People !
I wish I could get them locally, its costs me $42 to have them shipped to me!

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see there are some traditionalists out there still waiting until Twelfth Night for their king cake. I jumped the gun and had some before Christmas. Oops!

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO excited for MG to get here already, too! Ah, king cake!!!!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home