Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Baby it is cold outside....

Okay. I grew up in Montana. I spent something like 14 years of my life there. Up until 10 years old and then college. It was cold there. I lived in Seattle for like 8 years, it got cold there. Both places had snow. Roseville, Ca got cold but no snow. Give me 3-1/2 years in the deep south and my blood has thinned out way to much because I am about to freeze my ASS off. When I left this morning it was only around 30, with the wind and all that? It was 20. Okay it was like 70 a few days ago!! This morning I have my jacket wrapped around my legs, a turtleneck, tshirt and long sleeve shirt on, with my scarf still wrapped around my neck. A heater blasting right on me. And I still have goosebumps. Maybe it was the wait for the streetcar that did me in? I was half a block away when the one I wanted pulled away. I had to wait another 30 mins for the next one. Plus they don't have heat so all in all I spent about an hour out in that cold. Which believe me, I will not complain about too much because I do realize there are people out there who spent the night without a home. Or a home but no heat. I may warm up and defrost in the next few hours. I would much rather be at home curled up under a mound of blankets with a kitty cat next to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I've lived in PA my entire life and I will never get used to the cold. It was 11 when I got up, dropped to 9 on my way to work and is currently 5.

Have I mentioned lately that I hate PA? Stay warm!

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's freezing here, too... The spices in chai really help... Warms you up quickly! Don't know of you like chai, but I think starbucks offers it : ) - melissa

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home