Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Continuing On

Last night I had to really drag myself down to the Leaf. I was really wanting to stay curled up in bed and snuggle with the kitties. However I did want to see some of my friends so I made the 2 block walk. As I am approaching, I see a limo parked at the corner. I knew there was a slight possibility of some celeb showing up, apparently it happens, however never when I am there (and I am there A LOT). If you are not aware it is the NBA All Star weekend down here in the Big Easy, which is why I knew it was possible. Of course I was thinking more along the line of basketball players. I gut up to the door at the Leaf and Allen says "we have an American Idol in the house tonight, that Taylor guy" We proceeded to chat a few minutes and then I wandered away. I went up to the bar to say hi to Jeff and casually glance around. Nope, didn't see Taylor any where. The band is already playing and they were alright, I have seen them before and I usually don't pay attention to them. They aren't bad, just not that great. I get my drink, and have a small chat with Jeff. Then it was time to go towards the back to say hi to Rick ,who works sound. As I am walking down the hallway I can see through to the back bar and leaning up against the pool table was Taylor talking on his phone. I stop and say hi to Rick when Taylor comes wandering by. I stop him with something totally un-music related. See last time he played here in town, I bought the book he wrote. In the book he talks about this family that he was really close to. I know them. They work with my company and I talk with several of them on a daily basis. So as he was walking by I said "I know Robert" he started laughing and said "how do you know him? how do you know about that??" I told him the connection, and that I read his book. He then says "hi I am Taylor, and shakes my hand" He proceeds to talk to Rick and I for like ten minutes. We talked about him playing with George Porter Jr, Bonerama on Letterman and the massive bass sound that was coming off the stage. He then went back to his friends and they all stuck around for a long time. Enjoying the atmosphere and the night. He seemed to be having a really nice time and he was very sweet. So there was a brush with another celeb.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taylor is very sweet. Glad you enjoyed talking to him. He always seems to make time for anyone.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice celebrity brush-up. It is usually best to follow your instincts and get moving when faced with the irresistible pull of entropy. That's when things happen.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice little story. Taylor is an unusual celebrity, I think a nice kind of man. Thanks for the info and your story.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you -- and Taylor does seem to be quite a down-to-earth guy! Grooving with any band he can, talking to the people he meets and just enjoying life.

You had a special evening -- glad it happened for you! You just couldn't do better than 10 minutes or more talking to Taylor Hicks!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I was waiting for you to say what we all do when we meet him. "He looks so much younger in person" or "He's so thin now" or "He sure does have wonderful brown eyes". He really is very charming, and truly such a polite person. How wonderful to see a guy who even with that amount of fame doesn't take himself too seriously, and could have a good time and just relax. I'm bet he was truly enjoying being in New Orleans. He is about to win an Alabama Hall of Fame Award for American Music. No matter what Simon said, he's the best American Idol Ever!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home