Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, March 14, 2008

Heritage Abound

With St. Patty's day right around the corner and a post I just ran across on nola.com has me thinking about my heritage. The blood that has been passed down to me from my parents is a mix of Native American, Irish and French. My sister and I have both been known to point out the mix of Native American and Irish pretty much screws us over, we are going to love our drink. Which I believe has been proven on many occasions by the both of us.

So this weekend I am going to embrace my Irish heritage and enjoy the parade, even wear some green come Monday.

I am hoping to also hit the pow-wow that is mentioned in the above post. That will be later on of course, but I haven't been to a pow-wow in many many moons. The one I have attended the most is the one of course held on our reservation, Flathead up in Montana. It is held over the 4th of July weekend and I would love to get back up there for it. I did get to eat some fry bread out at Jazz Fest at the Native American pavilion so at least I have that look forward to this year as well.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will drink but you can have corned beef and hash. Ick. L

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy yourself!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home