Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend

This was a relaxing yet very busy weekend. Believe it or not, but I did not go to the Maple Leaf at all. Yes I did go on Thursday, but the rest of the weekend I did not. I spent Friday night at Lee and KT's having dinner and watching movies and visiting. The perfect relaxing evening. Homemade salsa to die for.

Saturday I did head out to the St. Patrick's day parade, however I waited for a long time for it to get up to Magazine. I realized not long into it, that I was indeed paraded out. I didn't make it very long into the parade before leaving, as it was I had been out for about three hours. That night it was to Tipitina's to sell merch for PBS (Porter-Batiste-Stoltz) for an amazing night of funky music. It really was a great night. PBS threw down.



PBS (picture taken by Tracey Freeman)
George throwing it down.


Today I took in Super Sunday. The Mardi Gras Indians in full force.



The bead work on the outfits are just incredible. I will go more into my thoughts about today later, as I am so very exhausted and still need to think about dinner.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Indians! Need to make it out next year. Gret pics!!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Seriously, you can't appreciate the intricate work on their costumes until you see them up close! So beautiful!

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home