Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, January 14, 2005

I was just IM'ing with a friend in Seattle. Right before I left there, she told me that she was expecting again. I can't believe how the time flys....she is due in two months and is having another little boy. Their oldest is 2 1/2 and is just way toooo cute. I am kinda sad that I won't get to meet the newest addition right away. Tom and Kristina are two of my most favorite people in the world. I met Kristina back in early 2001, she auditioned for "Music Man" and was cast as Marian. This was her first stage show ever! She has a fantastic singing voice and had "fronted" several bands. Kristina and I just bonded....some people you just click with right away and know that you are going to be friends forever. The way Tom and Kristina met was very sweet, they had been dating for about 5 months or so when I met them. Tom spent every weekend out at the theatre with us, helping with sets and helping get the cabins ready for the shows. By the end of the run (June) Tom and Kristina were engaged. They got married only a few short months later. She had me as her "unofficial" wedding planner/stage manager. The wedding was soooo sweet and fun. Both of their families took me under their wings so to speak, since my family was moving out of the Seattle area. I spent Thanksgiving with them two years in a row, and there was constant brunches and night outs with them. Kristina was looking forward to doing another show with us in the spring and we had almost convinced Tom to audition as well. He can belt out a fantastic "play that funky music white boy" at Karoke. About 2 weeks before auditions, they came out to a dinner theatre I was working at. Kristina was a little sad that night and when I asked why she said "I can't audition" she had found out earlier that week that she was expecting. They had their honeymoon baby the day before Halloween. Jack is the cutest little guy. The last time I saw all of them...they had invited me to stay the weekend out at their house and to go and hang out at the theatre. They had moved across the sound closer to Tom's work, just a few miles away from the theatre. This was in late May. At that time I knew I was moving, but not telling people yet as I had to get a few things in order, to make it more "real". I didn't know at the time I saw them that it was to be a "goodbye" for now visit. Life just got busy for all of us and I didn't get the chance to see them before I left. I sure do miss these special people in my life. I can't wait to meet the new addition......when I finally get back to Seattle to visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home