Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Okay

I did leave. I am glad I did of course, but can't find words for what else I am feeling. My home, my city, my life is gone. Its not just me either...its thousands of thousands of people. This is very surreal. I am glad that my friends are okay. I need to see if I can get a hold of Roger and Elyse....but I did talk to Craig, Bert and Katja for a long time yesterday. My friends are wonderful, I have amazing friends. I spent 2 nights in Jennings, LA after a 12 hour ride. normally takes 2 1/2 I was there with a co-worker and her husband. We stayed with her cousin. I am now in Dallas, TX staying with my wonderful friends Dia and Randy. I talked to my parents yesterday and they both asked several times "Do you want us to come and get you?" which I know translates to "We want to come and get you" But I don't want to be that far from the city. If it takes 2 weeks, to 6 months...I will be back there. I will help rebuild my city, my home. My life.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there. i found your site through Zoot. i just want to say that i wish you and your family/friends/loved ones all the very VERY best. i can't even imagine what this must have been like for everyone. i'm doing what i can to get money/supplies donated, but i wish i could do more. just know that tons of people throughout the country are thinking of you guys. *hugs*

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care Stacey....we'll do what we cantohelp to rebuild too. I'm so happy you are safe.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're safe with Dia.

You know you've got the whole board behind you.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I popped over here from Zoot's site on Sunday and saw the post that said you were staying, and I have been wondering if you were ok ever since. I had to search my history to find your site again, since I couln't find your comment on Zoot's site when I went back to look for it. I'm so glad to see that you are ok and I'm so sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home