Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

One day at a time

As cheesy as that sounds...that is how it is going. I have some decisions to make, but really I don't think I can make them right now. Dia thinks she can get me a job here. Vanessa told me that she would drive out to get me and take me back to Cali, Michelle was ready to fly me up to Montana tomorrow. Stephen said my old job in Seattle may be opening up soon. Mom and dad want me in CO. My sister offered her house up. I am VERY VERY lucky. I have some of the most wonderful friends, my parents are the best, I can not convey in words the gratitude that I feel. I have been hearing that there was some looting at the Rite Aid on Carrollton and Oak Street. They used a forklift to break open the metal door. Why do I point this incident out? Because my house is 6 blocks away. and they were able to use a FORKLIFT to break open the door. Which means...hopefully not a lot of water. This makes me very happy. And also very sad. Why is my house being spared? possibly? Why not Leroy's? Why not Craig's? Why not any of the other thousands and thousands of people who KNOW their house is gone. People who have been there, their entire life. I have only been a resident of the city for just over a year, but it was my home. My heart is in this city. The year I was there, was some of the happiest I have ever been.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Haven't been around connick.com in a while but in light of recent events I've been drawn back. I immediately thought of you when I first heard Katrina was heading towards NOLA. I'm so glad you and Liza are safe! The more I'm reading on the board, and watching the news, the more I'm heartsick, and amazed, and speechless over everything happening in NOLA right now. But knowing that you, the guys and their families are safe is a tremendous relief.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday!! Welcome to the fabulous 30's! :-)

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home