Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Sunday, September 11, 2005

A Bit of Home

This morning when I stepped outside...it was a bit like home...it was humid, and just getting ready to rain. I soooo felt at home at that moment. It was a nice feeling. I know I am strange to like the humidity, but I thrive in it!! Or at least I like to think I do. I did receive a link to a map, that said that at one point there was 4.6 ft of water on my street. Not enough to get to my upstairs apartment...hopefully enough to keep away looters, but enough to ruin the items in the basement. I can live with that...as long as there was no looting. Word is we MAY get to get back to our houses to access damage around the first week in Oct. I am kicking myself right now, because I haven't gotten a LA driver's license. Since I didn't have a car and rarely drove, it hadn't been a huge priority. But now, I may need one to get back into my house. Dia asked me today how I was doing...and really all I could tell her was I was still numb.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a way to reach your landlord to get a copy of your rental agreement sent to you or faxed to you proving you live there? or call one of the utilities and have them send you a verification in the mail so you have it in hand? It will all work out.
-Janice

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

send your rent anyway if you wantna be live there.
Just to be on the safe side. Most parts of the city are near Uptown are open.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home