Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, September 01, 2005

From the guys

Harry Connick Jr's official statement (he is also being a special correspondant for NBC today/tonight and taking part of a benefit tomorrow:

I haven't slept in days. Although I now finally know that my immediate family in New Orleans is safe, I have not heard from many, many friends and other family members.

It is hard to sit in silence, to watch one's youth wash away. New Orleans is my essence, my soul, my muse and I can only dream that one day she will recapture her glory. I will do everything in my power to make that happen and to help in any way I can to ease the suffering of my city, my people!

M
ark posted over on Bonerama's board. Craig sent me an email last night (I still haven't heard from Roger and Elyse) saying his house was under 20 feet of water. Leroy and Katja lost both their houses, the one they have spent the past 2 years renovating, and the one they are living in till it was finished. These guys have grown up in New Orleans, this was their entire lives. Their income, was playing gigs around town. That is gone. Wives and girlfriends have lost jobs as well because of this. Most of the guys in the big bands have kids. If there are some of you out there reading, who aren't part of the "freaks" as we are lovingly called at connick.com please please please consider donating to this fund. It will go to these guys directly. If you don't feel comfy doing that...Wil Wheaton is hosting an online poker tourny. Have some fun..help some people. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home