Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Reality

Yesterday I filed for unemployment. As of right now my employers have no use for me. Today I finally filed with FEMA. Not that I am expecting anything from them. But it really set in reality that I have no home. I know Dia and Randy want me to feel at home. And I am getting there, but its not MY home. The home I had created in the last year. Home is more than just where you lay your head at. Its your place of comfort, its in your heart. I am hoping that one day I can live there again. The uncertainty of whether or not its still livable is awful. At this point I don't care about personal items. Yes it would be nice to have back my year books, my diplomas, my HS pictures, my pictures that I have taken my whole life. I may still have those I may not. But what I really want is my home. I was and still am very proud of my home. To take the risk, move across the country, without a job or a place to live and to do it well. Well its something I am proud of. I love the city of New Orleans. She is part of me and I am a part of her. One day we will be reunited.

Once again I have the most amazing friends. Thanks to Rome, I have some clothes. To have to wear the same things over and over again isn't any fun. What doesn't fit me, its going to the shelters here. And its alot that is going. Jackie, Andrea, Erica, Tarai and Donna sent a wonderful package for all of us here at the house. It touched us very much. And we will all enjoy that to the fullest.

Family and Friends....that's what is the most important to me right now. It should be for everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Not a praying type, but take my positive wishes, good will, spare mojo, etc for you and everyone else whose lives got the crap knocked out.

5:06 PM  
Blogger boneramafreak said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home