Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

St. Rita's Debacle

I am so mad about this I could spit nails. There is NO excuse for why the owners left 34 elderly people there to die. None whatsoever. I watched Headline News tonight, and was just getting angrier and angrier. (Not liking Nancy Grace may have had something to do with it as well) If the owners refused help, via the buses or by not calling their ambulance service.....why the HELL didn't one of the nurses, nurses aides or any of the other employees freakin pick up the phone and do it themselves???? Okay, I can understand that some of them, maybe even all of them, were afraid to lose their jobs, benefits, and what not. Guess what??? You don't have those jobs now. And in the long run, what is more important? People's lives? Or your job. You can sure as hell bet that I would have taken the risk of being fired. I mean, if they (the owners) had balls enough to fire me after all was said in done...I would have sued their asses and probably would have had my pick of lawyers. As for the gentleman being interviewed by Nancy Grace (if that is what you call what she does) who lost his father. He lived in the area. He said he lived 2 miles from the home. He said so did his sister, and his brother, who was a firefighter. He said his father was in good health. So my guess is they all evacuated....well maybe not the firefighter, but the rest did. WHY IN THE HELL did they not go get their father???? Why did they leave it up to the home?? They got themselves to safety..but not their father?? I would have made sure that the home was empty before my ass got out of town, had it been my parents. I don't understand the mentality of some people. There are more people to blame than just the owners. Those 34 people didn't deserve to die. Not that way. Not when more people could have done something to save them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home