Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Ups and Down

The past week has been crazy. Not insane crazy, just crazy. Some things good, some things bad. For once it seems to have a nice balance. If you want to call it that.

The bad? Well I am not going to go into all of it here. Some things are better left off the internet and just between the people involved. We are still looking for a place to live. We have it narrowed down to 2 places and well it isn't easy. Two of us want one place, but could go to either place. One of us doesn't really seem to like either, and the one they really want isn't even an option. It hasn't been a lot of fun at all. Once again my computer died. I kid you not. When I have two seconds at home when I don't fall asleep I will call and make them take it back. They need to physically do something. I need to do it fast. The 2 year warranty is about to be up.

The good? Well I had a nice time with the Mulvey's. A lot of food and drink were consumed. Other wonderful friend's coming into town for the day. Life seems okay when Gayle and Hank visit. Two very wonderful people. I received my per capita money this weekend. And instead of saving it for the move, and other various needs, I got another tattoo. It wasn't my whole per capita money but a chunk of it. I had been wanting to get a grizzly paw for some time, and I also knew that I wanted a dream catcher eventually. Well I found a design at Electric Lady Land that incorporated the two. I now have it on my ankle. Left, on the outside. It turned out really nice. Lisa has a picture of it on her flikr page. If you are anxious to see it, you can look there. If and when I get my computer fixed I will post a picture of it here. She also has a picture of me getting the tattoo....I think it is a cool looking shot. Of course you can see her newest tattoo there as well. Satchmo Fest was also this weekend. I only went for a couple sets. They were for ones that Leroy and Katja played at. They had me selling CDs for them, and sells went pretty darn good if I say so myself. It was really hot this weekend and the thought of dancing to music in the heat just wasn't there. I did however meet a very nice guy who has seen me out and about either selling merch or just enjoying the music. We had a nice lunch yesterday and well who knows...we will see. :)

This past Sunday also marked my 3 year anniversary here in New Orleans. It is amazing to think that I have been here for that long. So much has happened. There are many more things that will continue to happen both good and bad. You just have to keep on going.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I can't believe it's only been 3 years. It seems like you've always lived there....

7:30 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Oh wow, I didn't realize you had been there for 3 years. It seems like I was just reading about your moving adventure the other day! From reading how you write about the city though, Lisa's right, seems like you've always lived there. =)

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home