Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering



I am having a hard time believing that it has been six years. Six years seems like a really long time. I know for some it seems just like yesterday. More likely for those that lost someone on that day.



That day I woke up like any other day. Back then I used my TV as my alarm clock and I remember being slightly disoriented that morning. It had been a long night the night before. I had gone to see Jo Dee Messina at the State Fair. I couldn't understand what I was seeing, as I wiped the sleep away from my eyes. When my TV clicked on that morning, the first Tower was falling. I could hear the fear in Katie and Matt's voice and I just stared in disbelief. I watched for about a half hour, frozen in one spot, trying to comprehend.



I called work. I wasn't sure if we were suppose to go in. We shared the building with the DEA and I had the feeling that they may not want us there. I couldn't reach either of my bosses on the phone. I then called the CEO because I knew he was there. He hadn't heard what was going on and I had to explain. He wasn't sure and would check into it. He knew I lived nearby and told me to come on in.



I watched for awhile longer. The fear was building up inside me. I did what many other people were probably doing at that time. I called my mom. She was asleep and didn't know what was going on. My dad was still at home, reading the paper and drinking coffee. He didn't know what was going on.

I finally got dressed and headed to work. They were indeed turning everyone away from our office building. The DEA didn't feel it was safe at that time for us to be going in. I returned home where I spent the next 20 hours just watching the coverage.

I can't imagine what the people in NYC, DC and PA went through. Today we need to remember those who were lost.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been SIX years, either. It appears that the day went by fairly unrecognized by most although to me it seems like just yesterday...

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home