Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, September 10, 2007

Time to get serious.....

Last week when my friend Annette came to town to help with the cleaning of the old apartment, she brought me a present. Her bike. That she hadn't really ever rode. So it is in pretty darn good shape. Unlike it's new owner.

Kristen really wanted to take a bike ride on Saturday, and I had the hair brain idea that it would be a good idea to ride out to Washington Park. Right on Frenchmen St. From our house. I have no idea how long of a ride it is. Round trip it was 3 hours. My body really really really hurts today. We also took a bike ride yesterday. It was just an hour long ride. Holy hell what has gotten into me?? I have known and been saying for awhile that it was time to get back into some type of shape. To lose weight. I mean I am now 32 and it is just going to get harder and harder to lose it. I blame the insanity of Saturday's ride on the fact that I had 3 hours of sleep and/or was still possibly drunk when I suggested it. I mean who suggests that when the last time they were on a bike was probably 5 years ago??

Yeah me. I am hoping it gets easier on the bike, cuz right now? There are moments when I just want to cry it hurts so bad. It will get better right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

yes it will get easier...but I guess you never heard the term "Baby steps"...easing yourself back into exercise??? LOL! Good for you! What a great thing to start doing, now keep it up!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope...i disagree. it always hurts to work out...BUT...it's worth it!!!!!!!! the endorphins and energy levels and better sleep make it all worthwhile!!!!!!!!! hang in there. It just won't hurt as bad. Lisa L.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home