Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Still in a Daze

I don't know how we made it through, but we did. Friday afternoon it took Kristen and I 3 hours to clean out the basement (yes Kendra some of it was yours) and get all the dontated items out of the house or to the trash can. We then were able to start the cleaning process of the house. We got a fair amount done, and finally called it a night around 10 PM. We dragged our tired, aching and bruised bodies to the Maple Leaf for a couple of much needed drinks.

Saturday we continued the cleaning of the old house. We didn't start right away. We took advantage of the closeness to the Oak Street Cafe and had a wonderful breakfast. We finally left the old house around 6 PM. I do have to admit, with all the trouble we have had there recently? I was a tad bit emotional. I mean this place had been my home for the first 3 years here in NOLA. It was like saying goodbye to an old friend. Then I remembered all the crap we had been dealing with, and I was over it.

Sunday we managed to get the living room and dining room unpacked and somewhat organized. Which means we have room to move around in those two rooms without the fear of knocking over a pile of boxes.

Monday, was kind of a relaxing day. I unpacked about half of my room, took a two hour nap and bought groceries for the first time in almost a month.

The new place is slowly starting to feel like home. It is taking some getting used to, living in a much smaller place. I am afraid in my state of mind right now? I will forget to get off the bus at the right stop and end up riding all the way to the end.

There is so much more to say but people keep walking in and well....I can't concentrate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home