Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, November 30, 2007

Small World

Right after returning home from my 6 week exile two years ago, we had a few people staying with us that needed to get back home and check out their homes. A friend of mine called me, having stayed at the "inn" so to speak and asked if I would mind if a few of his friends stayed with us as well. Well with this friend, you have NO idea who you could be meeting. However I said sure, because after all during that time everyone needed help. I got to talking to one of the people that was going to be staying at the house for a few days, mentioning that we didn't have gas yet so we had no heat, and only cold water but they were more than welcome. The couple said that is totally fine. As we were chatting we discovered that he grew up and went to school in the same area that I went to HS. As it turns out he was in a dixie land band with my sister's HS sweetheart. So in reality since we saw them play a few times, I saw him back in HS playing. He knows a ton of people that I knew back in the day. They are now back living here and are some of my closest friends.

Cut to this past Thursday, Thanksgiving day. I am at the original friend's mothers house for dinner. (She had also stayed at the "inn" while trying to get back home) The was a nice gathering of people including a friend of hers from CA. My parents and I were talking to her and we mentioned having lived in Roseville and that I went to HS there. She says, "Oh my daughters went to school there" We all kind of laugh and then she says "my oldest is 32, how old are you?" "I am 32 as well...what year did your daughter graduate?" "oh she graduated in 93" "so did I!! what is your daughters name?" so she tells me and I do recognize the name but can't really put a face with it. We chat a while longer then she tells me that her oldest was a cheerleader. I said, oh then I did know her since the cheerleaders and the colorguard had a class together. She mentioned her youngest had been in dance and was just two years behind. I had been in dance as well but didn't really know her youngest. I mentioned that we didn't really run in the same circles. I then mentioned that I did a lot of drama in HS as well. Turns out her oldest did as well. That is when it became crystal clear. Turns out that we were in the same drama class, and in one of the plays? I played her mother. HA! What a small world it is, to be sitting in New Orleans and run into someone with connections to my Cali days. And to have it happen twice? Just too fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home