Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Holidays?

I am sitting here at my desk. At work. On Christmas Eve. When I should be in Phoenix, enjoying my family. There had been a small chance that I was going to get to go home, however my boss decided that someone had to be here and he already has taken today off. So there you go. Instead of seeing my niece enjoy her first Christmas this evening I will sit here and count the times the phone has rang ( 2 times in the last hour ) and stare at the empty IN box. Who knows...maybe it will pick up....maybe they will let us leave early. Oh and to top off all this joy? I have a cold. Spent all day yesterday with a sore throat, fever and aches. Today throat isn't as bad, but the aches are still there, no fever.

As for the weekend it ended up being quiet. Bonerama played Friday night and it was nice to see a decent size crowd come out for that. We got a sneak peek, rather listen to how the boys will be playing the National Anthem at the Sugar Bowl. They proceeded to rock everyone's socks off. It was a nice night that hasn't happened that often. It is kinda sad how few times they have played in NOLA this year. Someone even asked me if they were from Florida as they play there a lot. Nope, they are NOLA boys.


Saturday I spent doing laundry and the rest of my shopping. That evening I had Christmas with Kristen and her man. We had planned on going out that night, but I was starting to feel nasty and Kristen's flight was early yesterday morning.

After getting Kristen to the airport I spent the day cleaning and watching the Saints game. I am having fun trying to coordinate getting over to my friend's house to make sure Dart gets his pill (he was put on another weeks worth on Friday) and staying at my house to feed the cats. Kristen's cat is on a diet so you can't just leave a bowl full of food for him out. Made for an exeptionally early morning today. Oh well...it has to be done. :_)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Ah Stacey that sucks! Are you going to get to go to Phoneix at all?
I've had the same cold but it seems to be getting some better. Feel better!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, hope you feel better quickly. Sorry about not being in Phoenix. Hope you end up having a great Christmas day with good friends.
-Janice

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home