Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Beauty Advice

I need some help. Around Christmas I bought some Sally Hansen nail builder polish. It is a clear polish, like a base. I started using that, as well as a polish and a topcoat. Since then my nails haven't been the same. They are so weak now. It did the exact opposite of what it was suppose to do. I don't know if it was the combination of all three on or what. I am afraid to try to the builder by itself because my nails will disappear. They are peeling like crazy, break when they aren't that long and are just plain ugly.

What is it that I need in my body to build my nail strength up? Is it calcium? I can't remember. I can't drink milk or have yogurt as dairy products just make me ill. Well Lactaid does help with that. Potassium? What do I need?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

It really has to do with your diet- a healthy diet will show in your nails- along with calcium you need protein, Vitamin A and B and iron.

7:25 AM  
Blogger boneramafreak said...

See I have changed my diet recently and have been eating healthier...not eating out as much, cooking at home.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

A manicurist once told me too that you can get brittle nails from working around paper a lot. I don't know how true that is though. She told me to use some of that oil stuff you get for your nails. It's like a moiturizer.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

take some prenatal vitamins. :P

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started taking Biotin 1000mcg about 3 weeks ago. I can already see my hair is growing and my nails are stronger. It's a vitamin supplement for Skin/hair/nail support. Maybe it will help. Sorry about the Sally Hansen stuff - it did that to my mom's nails too.
-Janice

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home