Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Apparently I thought the last post was so important that I had to say it 3 times. I do remember it taking a long time to post...but don't remember doing it 3 times. Oh well. The craziness has subsided at work for now. Yesterday and today we had the guys putting in the new phones, a contractor in looking at one of the rooms to add more work stations, a casting call happening in the conference room and various other craziness. It makes the day fly by, but boy am I cranky. I hate that. I am beginning to think that the start of a cold...is actually allergies. Although Malcolm went home early Monday and today and was out yesterday, he has the flu and sinus infection, I told him that if I got sick, I was kicking his ass. Several other people agreed with me.
One fantastic thing I realized today as I walked down St. Charles Ave...is I have been a resident of NOLA for just over 6 months. I can't believe that. Sometimes it all seems like a fantastic dream and I will wake up back in rain dreary Seattle. I did have a small panic attack last night. If you want to call it that. I was sitting on the couch watching Season 6 Part 2 disc 1 of SATC. I have not seen the last 8 eppies and was very excited about that. In those first 4 eppies, Miranda gets married, Charolette struggles with the baby issues, and Carrie kinda does as well when the Russian tells her that he doesn't want more children. These characters are 38. I will be 30 in 6 months. I think I had what almost every normal women goes through. "Oh my god, what am I doing with my life, will I ever get married, will I ever have a baby?" It was a moment. Normally I am quite fine with my life, and am just going with the flow right now. Whats the rush? Now as I approach 30, I am having a few more of these moments.....its not a fun feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home