Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, February 14, 2005

I was going to stay home all weekend. Wasn't going to move. I did run up to the store to get some food, since I was out. Watched a movie. Took a nap, with Liza spread out over my neck/chest area. She didn't leave my side most of the afternoon. (oh but i did find out that she has been going outside!! my new roomie has been opening the windows in the library and she has been climbing out onto the roof/balcony. Not sure how I feel about that) Anyway...finally after watching a movie I decided to shower finally, it was about 9:30. I got out to the streetcar and waited for about 20 mins...the entire time thinking "what am I doing? just stay home go to bed" I was having some terrible cramps as well....but I decided to just "tough" it out. And boy, I am sure glad I did now. When I got to Donna's, they were on their first break. Leroy was standing right by the door and gave me a hug, he introduced me to the drummer that has been filling in for Harry, while Art is out. I then saw Katya sitting at a table right up front with Carol and DeeDee. I had met Carol and DeeDee the first time I went to Donna's and they both just are the nicest ladies....both lawyers and love to hang out at Donna's. I sat with them, and pretty soon Craig came over to say hi. Right before the next set started the door opened, and in walked Bert Cotton. He hung out for a few songs and then popped back in later in the night. Leroy had 7 people up there playing with him. Bruce ( i think that is his name) he plays clarinet on the Storyville Stompers/NONC cds, Craig, Gerald on drums, the asian bass player whose name I am not gonna attempt to spell, Leroy, Paul on piano, and the guy who plays guitar on New Orleans Helsinki Connection. By the end of the night there were 10 people up there playing, it was so cool. Katya kept saying "there are more musicians here than regular people" Lucien even showed up for the last set...while he didn't play, I did get a bit of the "gay" Lucien from him....and he was dancing around like crazy. I finally left around 3, and Katya kept saying "why do you have to leave...your sleeping all day tomorrow" She is a trouble maker, but a fun one! On my way home I decided the best way was to walk down Bourbon, more people , to get to the streetcar. I had walked that way to Donna's but when I got close to Big TI, I went around...didn't want to see Jason. However on the way home...I went past...and he was actually working. I hadn't seen him all during MG, and in fact hadn't seen him in about a month. He said he had been working in the bar next door bar backing (its owned by the same people) he was back to being his flirty self, that I told him he couldn't do anymore. Guess he forgot about that. Thats annoying. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home