Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, February 11, 2005

The post Mardi Gras let down has begun. Its all over, everyone has gone home, the clean up has begun. On the bright side, at least I am still here in NOLA. I always hated that feeling when leaving here. It had to be one of the worse feelings in the world. I realized last Saturday that I have been here for 6 whole months! The time has just flown by, it usually does when your having fun. And yet while I am still having fun, I have had some more moments of panic. Nothing serious. Just the turning 30 blues I guess. I had put a pressure on myself when I was younger, and its slightly resurfacing. What I mean is, my parents were married young. 16 and 18. Yes they were that young...my sister was born very soon after, hence, the wedding. My parents are about to celebrate 32 years of marriage on March 3. That is a number I just can't fathom spending with someone. Its amazing, wonderful and special for them to have married so young, to have lasted, and to still be in love. Then there is my sister is getting ready to celebrate her 8th wedding anniversary. OMG is that possible?? She was 23 when she married. I just have to stop and wonder everyonce in awhile if I will ever find that kind of happiness. I really did think that by the time I reached 30, I would be married and would have kids. That just isn't the way my life is going, and right now I am having so much fun, it hasn't been a factor. But like I said, everyonce in awhile, I find it bubbling back up to the surface. While I was in Seattle, I was much more lost...and now that I have moved here, I have been able to find a part that was missing. And someday, who knows when...the rest should follow. I can't do anything to make it happen, just to continue to live, to have fun, to enjoy and to be me. So bring it on 30, lets see what you got. I have 6 more months till its that time...and I am gonna make sure its a ton of fun. And what a party it will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home