Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, April 04, 2005

Its a Monday. Its sunny, the time has sprung forward, and I am already ready for the weekend. This weekend had some major ups and downs. Friday I didn't sleep very well. I was absorbed in watching CNN to find out if the Pope had passed away. I did fall asleep around 10, which is early for a Friday night. However I started waking up like every hour on the hour. And wouldn't be able to fall asleep again unless I turned on CNN to find out what was going on. Around 7:40 AM the cats had me up for good. Rudy, my roommates cat has taken to wanting to be in my room. Could be because that is where Liza hangs out, but also because my roommate is usually at his girlfriends. So they were playing and being really loud, and running over me. Why don't I close them out you ask? Because they sit outside the door trying to get in is why. Anyway, I finally left the house after 1:30, turns out that soon after it was announced the Pope had passed. I didn't find out till much later. We ended up going to Freret street festival. It was small and cute, and a lot of fun. We listened to a lot of bands, had some beer, and an overall good time. Later I went out to Donna's and heard the fantastic Leroy play. Craig was giving me a hard time, saying he was going to go to connick.com and post that I was yawning while they were playing. I didn't mean too....but I was tired. As I was leaving, he asked me if I would sell CDs for New Orleans Nightcrawlers on Friday night after the Bonerama show, also to sell his solo CD on Sunday. So I am now selling CDs for Bonerama, NONC, NOHC, and Craig during FQF. I can't wait!!! Its such a great way for me to meet people, and help out my friends, and show my support in a different way. The streetcar ride home took forever, as the time change happened. So the streetcar pulled up and the driver said "there will be a half hour wait so we can get back on time" um...what? I think he just wanted to stand outside and talk ot his friends. So I ended up getting home close to 5 AM. Which would have been 4 AM. So needless to say, I slept in a bit. As much as the kitties would allow anyway. I ended up going out to the Quarter and watched the "Stella" yelling contest, part of the Tennessee Williams Fest, went to the church for a few minutes, harrassed my friend Eric for a few minutes then headed home and crashed. I need to save up all energy for the coming weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home