Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, March 11, 2005

My dear dear friends Tom and Kristina welcomed a beautiful baby boy into the world on Sunday March 6th at 8:20 PM. They have named him Riley Patrick. It was a pretty mad dash from what I was told. Kristina's water broke while she was home alone. Luckily her neighbor was home and was able to drive her to the ferry, where they had a spot held on a VERY full boat. Tom was across the water already in Everett getting their oldest son Jack. They got to the hospital around 6:00 PM where Tom was waiting. Just over two hours later...there was Riley. Easy compared to Jack's birth which was somewhere around 20 hours. I am so so so happy for them...and the pics of him are adorable. I hope that I can see them again soon before both boys get too much bigger. I know it will take me visiting Seattle for me to see them. I really don't see them venturing this way anytime soon...and when they do come...for some reason I don't see them bringing the boys.

I am getting ready to go and spend a few days with mom, dad, my sister and bro-in-law in Phoenix. Can't wait to take in a few spring training games. Have to get my Mariner's baseball anyway I can. On that sports note....the Montana Grizzlies made it to the big dance!! They find out on Sunday who they are playing in the first round, however basketball is NOT our strong sport. For any of the Big Sky teams. I think Weber State has been the only team to advance to the sweet 16. At least I think that's how far they got. Usually the Big Sky teams are beaten in the first round, usually pitted against a top 1 or 2 seeded team. Maybe with the new coach, Larry Krystkowiak, they may be able to make it a bit further. I remember seeing him play when I was young. That was back oh man....I don't remember. We moved when I was 10, but it was before then when we used to watch him play. He even made it to the NBA for awhile...eventually knee problems knocked him out of the game. So I am gonna keep my fingers crossed that they do well. The fact that I get to rub into my bro-in-law that the Griz beat the Cats (Montana State) to make it here after losing the first 2 meetings will be awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home