Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, March 21, 2005

Lets see how was Phoenix? It was fun....I mean how can you NOT have fun sitting in the sun, drinking beer watching baseball? In the middle of the day. The first day, Tuesday was dad's birthday. The day started out early, around 7 AM as my sister got up and started feeding the animals. She has 3 dogs, 2 cats, 5 birds and 3 turtles. Its the vet in her, what can I say. Well that morning she had to go the drs, so the morning ritual started early, and Merlin, the big parrot is NOT quiet in the morning. So we all ended up getting up. I shared a room with Felix, a big drooling cat. yes he drools, but he is soooo loving that you just don't care. My parents had brought their dogs so we had 5 dogs in the house. Later that morning, Lisa and mom had left to go to her appt, then to Costco. Dad left to go have their car looked at since they were having issues with the coolent. I had the lovely job of vacuming up, and taking Cricket the little 7 1/2 old puppy out every 10 mins. She is so tiny and cute!! After everyone got home we headed out to the game. Our seats were even with third base, behind the Mariners dugout. Scott (Lisa's hubby) showed up in about the 5th inning as he had to work till then. The Mariner's won, with a very impressive game by one of my favorite pitchers Jamie Moyer. I took a few pics with dad's camera, which doesn't have zoom, that action shot of Jamie would have been so cool if I had had zoom. We went back to the house after the game and started cooking. We had the BEST dinner..BBQ steaks, mushrooms, corn on the cob, salad, potatos, and of course a birthday cake for dad. Lisa's neighbors came over with their dog, and stayed for dinner, later some more of her friends showed up. The next day it all kind of repeated, we got out to the stadium early so my mom could shop for some new Mariner's shirts. This time our seats were on the opposite side, above the San Fran Giats dug out, but more towards the outfield. I unfortunelty was suffering from some major sinus/allergy thingy which didn't let me enjoy the game to the fullest. The Mariners did win, again with some awesome pitching. Gil Meche started (he is from Louisiana) later there was this awesome guy in....and dang it if I can't remember his name. I know he pitched for the Rainers last year. He was awesome. After the game we headed to Hooters for beer and wings....then back home where dad and I sat out in the sun and read for awhile. And that was about it. I was on the plane at 8 AM on Thursday and at work on Friday. I was a little crazy on Friday and decided to walk home. It was a nice evening and Carrie was at home sick. So I walked...it took 2 hours but boy did it feel good. The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet, Saturday I did some major cleaning and did laundry. Yesterday I watched some movies, slept and read. So exciting...but obviously much needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home