Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I am a giddy little girl right now. And a total dork. So my first celebrity crush was on Wil Wheaton. You know from Stand By Me (Gordie),Star Trek: Next Generation, Toy Soldiers, and other various TV/Movie roles. A few years ago, I saw an article in the USA Today that he had a blog. So I went and checked it out, to see what he has been up too. While he still does acting he is mainly an writer now. And a good one. He put out a book called "Dancing Barefoot" which was some expansions on some of the blog entries he had done. Anything from his family life (wife and 2 stepsons) to Star Trek experiences. It was a short book, and I read the whole thing in like an hour. Have read it several times since it came out. I had ordered it off his website, and about 2 days after I received it, I got another copy. So I emailed Wil, mentioning I got 2 copies and only charged for one, would he like me to send it back or charge me for the second copy? Not thinking I would get an answer. Boy was I suprised when I did get one! Hey Stacey, From time to time I screw up and send two books when I mean to send one. It looks like this happened with you. Since it's my fault, you have a bonus book to do with whatever you'd like. :) Thanks for letting me know . . . I *really* need to get that database running, so I can keep track of stuff. W seriously...that rocked. ( I sent the extra copy to Sarah) It was almost as cool as the time I saw him in Disneyland. I was a freshman in HS and my best friend Vanessa and I were spending spring break in So. CA with her parents. It was getting to be the end of night, and we got in line for the Haunted House ride, AGAIN. There was a group of about 4 kids in front of us, 3 guys and 1 girl. 2 of the guys and the girl were paying close attention to one guy, who was listening to a baseball game on a small radio, he was giving them the play by play. It was Wil Wheaton. I about had a fit. I couldn't say anything but hit Vanessa and point and stare. We get up to the ride, and Wil , one of the guys and the girl get in one car and then the operator puts the other guy with Vanessa and I. I don't think I said a word that entire time. After the ride was over, they all went their way and I still stared. I was in mild shock. Anyway, about a year ago he put out another book "Just a Geek" this one was longer and was more of an autobiography. I got through that book pretty quickly as well. He is the kinda writer that tells stories that just kind of capture you. Even the true life kind of stories. And of course he posts pretty regularly on his blog. He recently had an appereance on CSI, a show I never watch, but tuned in to catch him. He posted about that experience, his writing gigs, and some segments he just taped for a VH1 show, lately his posts have been about his sick cats. Today, his post was about the Beat Generation, and he talks about loving Jazz music. (this is were the dork part of me comes in) now from time to time I will post in his comments section, but thats it. Today, I emailed him. I told him to go listen to WWOZ and hear some New Orleans Jazz, I even managed to slip in a mention about Bonerama. He FREAKIN EMAILED ME BACK ALREADY. I didn't expect a reply, cuz my email wasn't really about anything, he gets TONS everyday, and he is a pretty busy guy. Hey Stacey, Thanks for the suggestion! I've got a pile of live Wilco shows to listen to, but as soon as I get through them, I'll tune in to wwoz. Thanks :) Wil Man. Something so simple can put a freakin smile on my face that will last through the day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool Stacey!!

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home