Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, March 14, 2005

The weekend was a blast. And I am dead tired to prove it. I have a feeling I will be sleeping a lot on the plane tonight. Perhaps I will stay awake long enough to finish my book....its really good, but everytime I would try to read yesterday, I would doze off. Tried watching a movie, I would doze off. All that dozing I should be awake today right? Nope. I would fall asleep for anywhere from 2 mins to 10 mins. Just enough to make me even more tired. However it was allllll worth it.
Friday started with a few drinks at work, the beer delivery came around 4:30, along with the oreos I requested. Around 5:30, I headed out to see where Jay and Brandi were. I decided that it had been awhile since I had seen my favorite bartender, Eric, so I was gonna stop by Papa Joe's (the new TI) Well he wasn't there. The last time I had seen him was MG, and a few weeks ago, Marti had asked if I had seen him lately. So I wasn't sure if he was even working. So I got a beer and headed on my way down Bourbon. As I passed by the big TI, I saw Eric outside on the balcony working. It seemed odd to go in there since I have never been in that one, so I didn't go in. I called Jay to say I was on the way and would be there in a few. He said that they were on the balconly at Margaritaville, and Craig was standing below them with his trombone. I didn't know that Craig was doing the St.Patty's day parade, so it was nice to see him. I think he thought it was odd, when I was talking to him and I said, "I am here to meet Jay and Brandi, we haven't officially met yet, Jay's on connick.com" We watched the parade...all 5 horse drawn carriges and the Storyville Stompers pass by. By then Jay and Brandi had come down to the street. We proceeded to wander the quarter stopping for beer along the way, and their cute little apartment that they were renting for the trip. By the time we left there, the parade was just finishing, right at the beginning. We chatted with Craig a bit more, then headed out for food and some drinks. Of course I suggested Papa Joe's. When we walked in, Pam the owner was there so we chatted for a bit. And in walked Eric. It was a nice suprise. He then took me down to the Funky Pirate to see "something trippy" That would be Jason. He is now bartending there. I couldn't stop laughing, it was kinda funny to see him there behind the bar and not at the door. It was an early night...I was home by 1:30. I spent the day outside reading and relaxing. Then headed out to Donna's to see Leroy play. Jay and Brandi were there for the first set...when they left I went over to where Carol and Katja were sitting. We got to experience a lovely NOLA moment together. This guy came in during the second set, already drunk and high, he was there to sketch the band. He knocked over two beers, and ran out of money. He kept shouting and yelling after the songs and the solos. And his sketches...well I could have done what he did. He kept asking us "where are you from" and "let me introduce myself" over and over again. He even drew in the men's bathroom. He left right before the last few songs...which made everyone applaud. Mark Braud showed up and played with them on the last song, he was in a tux and looked mighty mighty nice. Although his drink for the night was cosmos. Katja and I had a good laugh over that. I didn't get home till late that night....or was it early yesterday morning. I think I will have to go with morning.....it was around 4:30 when I got home. Now just a few more hours of work and then I am off to Phoenix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home