Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, April 11, 2005

Oh my jeez. I really really need to go home and get some sleep. I feel like crappola with the cold and the lack of sleep. I do have ot say it was the best weekend. I did keep pretty much a permanant buzz on so I wouldn't feel sick with the cold. It helped. However I don't think I can do that today.

Lets see Friday, as soon as it hit 5:00, I ran out of the building crying "free! free at last!!" okay maybe not yelling....but I thought about it. I walked out to the river where Bonerama was going to be playing, Mark had asked me to be there at 6:20, and since I was walking over from work, I was a little early. I grabbed a burger and a beer. After I ate, some of the guys had showed up, so I chatted with Matt, met his son Ben and his wife, talked to Bert and Brian. Soon after Mark showed up with the merch, pretty soon the fun and the madness behind the stage hit a high, and the Bones took the stage. From where I was standing next to the stage, I couldn't actually see them. So I would run over to where Kelly was standing with the boys and catch a quick glance. I do know that it was a fantastic, tight set. WAAAAAY better than the Tips show. However, I didn't get to catch much of it as I was busy selling the CDs. And that was just fine and dandy with me. I love doing that and getting to talk to so many fans, its awesome!! After the show, Mark came over and was signing CDs, most of the guys had to take off for other gigs. I counted up the dough and than ran over to the stage where the Nightcrawlers where playing. By the time I got there, they were already onstage, and I had no idea where the CDs were. Craig mentioned them at one point, but he didn't see me standing at the side of the stage, so I had to move around to stand right in front of him to get his attention. Turns out the CDs where ON the stage. I had the stage manager run up and grab some, and then we were in business. I sold about 10, which isn't fantastic but Craig was happy with it. After the show Donna and her mom came up to say hi to Craig, and they were trying to decide whether or not to go to dba to see the next Nightcrawlers set. Craig told them not to, to go get some rest, that it wasn't their kind of place. Then he looks at me and says "but Stacey is going because its her kind of place" Um what does that mean Mr. Klein??? ;) He was of course a gentleman and waited for me to finish talking to Donna and her mom, then we headed over to dba. I only stayed for the 1st set, and then took off. It was a great time, and the crowd really seemed to be into the music. How in the world they all fit on that stage, I don't know. The next morning I was up and out to Jackson Square at 11 AM to watch the Storyville Stompers. Donna and her mom showed up, after the Stompers second line we headed down Decatur and went to Fiorella's for some food, then to the Mint to listen to some Zydeco music. After lunch we headed out to Bourbon to see Leroy and Katja play. Doug Belote sat in playing drums, I think I hurt his feelings because I was so suprised to see him there. Carol and I sold all but 2 of the New Orleans Helsinki Connection CDs!!! That was awesome. Donna and her mom had left at the break to go see Craig play, so I went to go and catch up with them and saw the last half of the last song. I couldn't find Donna or her mom, but figured they were going to the back to meet Mark Braud who was playing with Craig. Apparently they had talked to him BEFORE the show. I was deemed the official Craig Klein stalker, taking the title away from Elise. Elise and her husband Roger are at all the Bonerama shows. I decided at that time to run home and change clothes then it was back out to the fest for a bit, then out to Donna's. And who should walk out....but Doug. He is playing drums for Leroy at Donna's for most of April. Very cool. It was a fun gig, but a lot of people didn't seem to be paying too much attention. Its all good. At the end of the night, I was asking Craig about the CD selling on Sunday. I said to him "Do you still need me?" His response as he gave me a giant hug was "I always need you!!" Awwww that made me feel better. I didn't want to seem like I was well...really stalking him. LOL Then I said, "So what time do you want me?" And as Donna, her mom and Craig just looked at me...I realized what I said and then added quickly "there" they started cracking up. Donna and her mom took off, and I followed shortly after. Well it was 3:30 when I got home. Back out there yesterday for Ingrid Lucia's set and part of Bucktown Allstars. I then headed out to Bourbon for Craig's fantastic set. Sold almost all of the CDs!! Craig was very happy. I also did a plug on Nola.com after the set, Craig, Leroy, Katja, Carol and I headed out the this little wine bar, just down the street on Orleans. It is actually owned by the same people who own Tropical Isle. A few random musicians came and went, including Craig. To end the night, Leroy and Katja took Carol, Nicholas (who helps organize the Ascona JF) and myself out to a great dinner. I am now just going to wait for the temp agency to call back and say they have someone then I am going to go home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home