Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Saturday night I was sitting at the end of the bar next to Katja and Carol. It seems to be our "normal" spot now, Carol even asked where the hell I was the weekend before. Um asleep. This older man came in, I had met him about 2 weeks before. He is always very nicely dressed, suit, tie, and a hat. Oh yes and a cane, not for show but to help him walk. Okay maybe it is for show. He is in his late 70s at least, and is the sweetest sweetest man. He wears alot of bling as well. Tie clips, necklace, pins, rings, watch and usually a bracelet. The outfit is never "out" there, but very nicely put together. P.Diddy in his later years if you will. Katja had mentioned the first week that he was her tailor. I am really, really awful at remembering names, but I do know that everyone calls him "Uncle" I know there is a name after it, but all I can remember is "Uncle" The first time I met him, he was really down. Apparently there was a lot of family turmoil going on, a family member arrested, one shot, one found out they had cancer. It was a list of troubles. This time, he came in very chipper and very fiesty. I swear he licked my ear when he said hello. He even got me up to dance, I told him at the time "I can't keep up with you" He gave me a lesson in some New Orleans style dancing. I am a total white girl with no rhythm, it was amusing to watch I am sure, as Craig was cracking up on stage watching us. But it didn't matter, I was having such a great time dancing. As he left, he said to me "thank you for the dance, your one of my nieces for sure now" Now that really made my night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home