Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Friday, May 27, 2005

Glasses day

I am back to wearing my glasses today. Last night on the street car I could barely open my left eye. Thats the eye I had surgery over a year ago. Between wearing the contacts for almost 20 hours a day for the past 2 days, and allergies, my eye had had enough. I was looking super sexy!

So last night....it was okay. Nothing spectacular. Dinner and a drink afterwards. He is nice enough...I am just not feeling it. I was actually suppose to have a work function to go to after work. There was a birthday on Monday, one today its someone's last day. However, due to actual work, we had to postpone it. I spent part of the afternoon trying to decide if I wanted to go home after work or move up the "date" or just amuse myself till 8. I gave Phil a call, since I knew he was hanging out until going to see George Porter Jr. play. He said "did you know your friends Craig and Matt are playing down on Royal Street at 5:30?" "no? why?" "its for some food and wine festival, they are walking up and down Royal playing." So we went to go and check it out. They were strolling along playing, Matt was grumpy because he couldn't indulge in the wine. He had another gig later that evening . Those guys are always playing somewhere! I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this IS their job. They seem to be having so much fun. Except when they can't have the wine. Anyway, Craig says to me, "Lucien is in the next band Stacey" Well hell...of course I want to see Lucien. Who no matter how many times I am introduced to him, he doesn't remember me. Oh well. Well who should else be in that band?? But Leroy Jones and Mark Braud. You just never know who you are going to run into. Anyway, Phil and I wandered around a bit talking about merch and random other things...then I was off to meet my "date" I do think of him as a friend, and it was fun. But thats about it. I think the issue of whether or not he still had his girlfriend or not may have affected that. There wasn't any good opprotunity to ask. I guess we shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home