Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Long Weekend Short Work Week

I can't believe its Tuesday!! For once the long weekend didn't just fly by me! I really didn't do much for once and that was quite nice. Friday night Anna and I went to Preservation Hall to see Leroy play. We had a lot of fun and Leroy invited her to bring her trombone to Donna's the next night!! However, I think Anna was a little intimidated. Neither one of us ended up going to Donna's on Saturday. I just hung out at home and read, had Adam run me up to the store...and that was it. Sunday I did more of the same, although I did go to see Star Wars finally. Then over to Adam and Carrie's for awhile. Yesterday...I didn't leave the house at all. Overall it was a relaxing weekend. Until I got the email from the jackass who said he was taking the available room, and was sending the deposit/rent for June. The email he sent yesterday said "I think I am going to wait" Ummmm do you think you could have called to tell me that??? Told me sooner??? I have ONE freakin day to find someone!! Asswipe. He said he wants to look at the room on the 15th if its still available. Well, even if it is I sure as hell don't want you to have it. Liz and I came up with a solution last night to cover the rent for that portion...its not the best idea, but its covering it...and we will have to deal with somethings in the end ourselves. I just actually got an email from Liz saying one girl is on her way over to look at the place, and she has another lead. I have one myself.....the girl works from home as a sex phone operator!!! Anyway....on to more positive items.

Tonight after work, I am going to meet up with Carrie and Adam and we are going to Virgin Records. Better Than Ezra is doing an acustic set there. Their new CD was released today, "Before the Robots" I have heard a few of the songs from it and its pretty good. Then tomorrow, we are going to walk about 2 blocks down the street for a 5:00 free show, by none other than Cowboy Mouth! I think that is going to be one interesting show!! I have no plans music wise until Saturday. Mark Braud is playing at Louisiana Music Factory, to promote his new CD.

One fun thing I have been meaning to mention but haven't is one of my co-workers does movie work. Doug actually does freelance stuff for us. He was in "Runaway Jury" as the Juror who gets tossed during selection because he has blood all over his shirt. He also just played Chet Atkins in that Elvis movie that was just on CBS. I watched the first part and actually didn't realize it was him! Then last night on A&E, I watched "Faith of My Fathers" and he was in the last 15 mins. I know a mini-celeb!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home