Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Seven Songs I’m Listening To At The Moment.

Here is a lovely meme that was over at Miss Zoot's site. And I stole it. I am actually not listening to any music right at this moment. Much less 7 right at this moment....but here are my top 7 songs, in no particlar order

1. Sunflower City ~ Matt Perrine (Sunflower City) An amazing testement to NOLA music and her people. Seriously if you don't dance during this song, you are dead. Go listen to it here.

2. Louie's Perch ~ Bonerama (Bringing it Home) Okay so I only hear this song right now when they play it live, and the CD isn't released until April 20th. But it is such a fun fun FUN song.

3. In the Mail ~ Paul Sanchez (Between Friends) such a sweet sweet love song. Just makes me go awwww.

4. Something You Got ~ Harry Connick Jr (Oh My Nola) such a fun song, you can tell Harry and the guys are having fun on it. It is catchy

5. Mardi Gras in New Orleans ~ Harry Connick Jr (Chanson du Vieux Carre) Come on its the Bootie shake song!

6. I don't Feel Like Dancing ~ Scissor Sisters I can't ever get this song out of my head. It is so much fun!!

7. Just Thinking of You ~ Leroy Jones (Soft Shoe) it is "my" song. When the lyrics were given to Leroy to add the music too, they were very very VERY different. I laughed my ass off when I heard the line 'judy he garland me" so now leroy says it is "my" song. I love John Boutte's voice on it as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I was just going to do this on my blog,lol! Many of our songs would be the same...I cant get enough of Matt's cd! holy freaking fantastic!!!! You're right, it's just pure musical genius!

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home