Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bunch of Randomness

This past weekend was a wonderful one. I spent Friday evening getting caught up on tivo and reading. I was going to go out to the Maple Leaf (suprise, suprise) but I ended up falling asleep! So for the first time in about forever I didn't make it out there.

Saturday morning I went out to Cafe Reconcile and helped out there. We were cleaning out some of the top floors so they can be used properly. It was a very beautiful space and I hope to make it back out there again to help. They usually do work every 3rd Saturday of the month. Later that afternoon I went out to Oak St. There was a little street fair/bbq going on. I ran into a bunch of people I knew. I did make a quick stop in the Maple Leaf, we were looking for someone. The music was fun, Clockwork Elvis. Classic. We headed over to some friend's house that lives right down the street to refresh beverages, and ended up hanging there most of the night, swimming in the pool, talking and listening to music. It was the most relaxing fun evening. Sunday I vegged out, watching TV, reading, laundry. The fun things. Ran a few errands, played with the cats.

Yesterday could have been one of those Monday's. Yet it was so comical to me that I couldn't help but laugh. I slept in a bit since I had a doctor's appt. in the AM. I walked out to catch the bus, and halfway through the park, it departed. So I turned around and called a cab. Which turned out to be a good thing, because right as he was dropping me off, it started to pour. And guess who forgot their umbrella. If I had been on the bus, I would have had to walk 2 blocks in the rain. When I left the Doctors, the rain had stopped. By the time I went to lunch it had started sprinkling a bit, so I borrowed a co-workers umbrella. Half way to the Dog...it became a downpour, making the umbrella pretty much useless. They could have used it inside because it was raining inside the building for awhile!! On my way home, I had just got up to Lee Circle when the bus went rolling by. Meaning I missed that one as well. As I waited it started to rain again, so I ran across the street to the Circle Bar, waited it out under their awning. Which it was over just as fast as it started. I got across the street and eventually got on the bus. We hit about Jackson Street when the downpour started again. I kept thinking to myself "It will be done by the time we get to my stop" Yeah...it didnt. So I made a dash across the park, I should have just walked, I got so soaking wet!! I stayed home all evening, let the storms rage outside. Guess who remembered their umbrella today!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home