Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Even More Official

This came from the fan email that was sent around.

Bonerama has proudly accepted an invitation to perform the Star Spangled Banner prior to the kickoff of January 1st's Sugar Bowl Football Classic, which pits the University of Hawaii Warriors against the University of Georgia Bulldogs. The Fox Network's nationally televised broadcast begins at 7:30pm (EST), live from the New Orleans Superdome. Many of you may recall some highly regarded live performances of our national anthem, including Marvin Gaye's funky version prior to the 1983 NBA All Star Game, Whitney Houston's stirring rendition before Super Bowl XXV in 1991, and, of course, Hendrix's 1968 Woodstock incendiary interpretation. Many would like to forget Roseanne Barr's disastrous performance prior to a 1990 San Diego Padres baseball game. The pressure is surely on for the boys, but the honor is grand. Be sure to tune in early to show your pride for Bonerama, for New Orleans and for your country.

I can not express how happy I am for the guys. I will hope that the entire anthem is shown. There is someone at FOX that loves them. Last year during the playoffs (and I think a few games before) as they would go to a commercial break, I would hear Bonerama. I think I may have jumped up and down and squealed. May or may not have called both Mark and Craig. Now they are playing the National Anthem at one of the biggest bowl games, airing on FOX. I can't wait to hear their version, I know it will be good. I am so proud and excited. These boys are going to go beyond their wildest dreams.

Yes I feel like a proud mama hen. So who has tickets for me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home