Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Evil Eye

I started house sitting for some friends on Saturday as they took off for the big C for the holidays. The night before I had gone over to their house for dinner and a movie and we noticed that one of the cats lips/jaws was swollen. He had lost a tooth recently and she was concerned. Before they left, she ran him to the vet on Saturday. He had an abcess that they drained and gave him a shot of antibotics and gave him an prescription, 2 a day for a week. Which means I am officially the bad cat sitter!! duh duh dun! The poor cat runs from me now. This morning was a bit better as I am figuring out what will help. Yesterday morning I had to crawl under the bed and pull him out from there, last night was the same thing and he was shaking. Last night however after he finally swallowed the pill (lovely pill popper isn't working so hot) I held him in my lap. He was wrapped in a blanket and he allowed me to snuggle him. He then got a few treats. He was so comfortable that he didn't realize I had unwrapped the blanket from him. He was easy to get this morning and the pill went down a bit better. Of course all 3 cats wanted treats this morning! So hopefully I won't be the hated human in the house for much longer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Pilling a cat is now easy thing..at least in my house. Mine always treat me like trash for at least a day when I have to give them meds.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Veronica said...

I love meeting other New Orleans bloggers! There doesn't appear to be many of us, at least I haven't met any yet. I have to catch up on your archives soon.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home