Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend Wrapup~again

It all started on Thursday. I went out to see my friend Eric play at the Maple Leaf. He had Matt P sittin in with him and a few other dudes I didn't know. Half way through a jammin first set, Craig wanders in. He proceeds to sit in for the second set. The music is just so good. The few people there were all friends. I was talking, drinking, having a good time and all of a sudden it was 3. Yeah...not good when the alarm goes off at 5.

I did make it to work Friday, all day. The morning may have been rough, but I did survive. After work I attempted to take a small nap, however that didn't float so well. I then went over to a friend's house for a lovely dinner, conversation and a movie. Which I fell asleep within the first five minutes. On the way home, Kristen (who lasted until 15 mins into the movie before crashing) and I decided to swing on by the Maple Leaf. After all we had just napped. We didn't stay there too long but did get to hang out with some friends.

Saturday consisted on a run out the airport, Christmas shopping, and playing with the Playstation 2 that we bought. Kristen and I fell in love with the Sing Song game at Voo Doo Fest. We had to buy the game when we found out it was for Playstation 2 and not 3. Of course that also ment we had to buy a playstation 2. It was actually quite cheap. We both paid about $100. Merry Christmas to us. I then ran out to meet up with some friends down on Frenchmen. Ran into Neal Caine (bass player for Harry Connick Jrs big band) got to chat with him for awhile. I think he said he was here until Christmas. Then I ran down to Dos Jefes to see Rick play.

Yesterday it was Saints football, errands and carolling down at Jackson Square. Nice way to round out a weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stacy that whistle dude can really geaux!!! i really dug the way the guys were layin down the rhythm though!!!!come on alex matt rick n chaz man thats a tite section shoot we even started whistlin sweet georgia brown!!!!
s.r.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

When I visited New Orleans in 2000, it was at Christmastime. I just loved the city at that time of year and all the activities going on. We went to a concert at the cathedral in Jackson Square and of course, ate ourselves silly. good times.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't fondle his hair did you? lol.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home