Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Crowded

I have some personal space issues. I kinda like my personal space. I don't mind giving friends hugs, the kisses on the cheeks that is fine. If I am in a crowd? Say at a concert? I need to be right up front and not look back to see the people behind me. Or I need to stay in the back. People I don't know or care for that much seem to crowd up too much. Lately I have been experiencing this at work. My desk is set up so that I am facing the front door, that means my back is to the door into the office. It is an "L" shaped desk. I have some of my office supplies (staplers, tape and whatnot) on a corner of my desk. On the long part of the "L" is some filing trays in which I put copies of the work that need to go to different departments. My boss seems to think that it is perfectly fine to use my office supplies, then put things in the filing trays all while being right behind me and it is driving me NUTS!! I am getting close to hiding my stapler and puller. There is no other space to move the trays, but maybe I can find something else. First thing this morning as soon as I got in and sat down, he was right there.

I need a new job.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Have you checked out any of the links I sent you? Some interesting jobs on that one website...good way to network too...

5:22 AM  
Blogger boneramafreak said...

I have. I don't want to answer phones anymore. I got past that in Seattle, unfortunetly it was the only thing I could get when I moved here. The 3 years as an admin assistant didn't seem to mean anything. I was even taken off phones here for about 6 months, but they are too cheap to hire someone to do that full time so now I am back to that. I don't want to do this kind of work anymore, or needs to have more substance. So far I haven't found that.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I understand that....but maybe if you at least move to a company that you really like, that has opportunities to advance you can tolerate starting off in a similar position that you are doing now....knowing that it won't be forever? I know it feels bleak and hopeless when you are stuck in a sucky job....I'll keep my eyes and ears out for you...

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HIDE THE STAPLER. :)
I'm sorry you're going through this. Something better will come along - I've been where you are way too many times to count and it gets better...eventually.

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home