Randomness

The crazy life I now live in New Orleans, LA

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Orleans, LA

Monday, February 28, 2005

Have you ever been content? Happy? Comfortable? I hadn't been for a long long time. Even though I had a really crummy time last week, I am for the first time happy. I get this feeling of total happiness at the most random times. Well I guess they are total random times, but usually when I am walking around outside. After almost 7 months living here in New Orleans, I get this rush of "oh my god I am in New Orleans, and I LIVE here" I had this happen on Saturday several times when I was down in the Quarter, and then again today as I was walking down St. Charles. There is just something magical and wonderful about this city. It pulls you in, wraps you up, and doesn't let go. I know some people who don't really "get" the city, and thats fine....but for those lucky enough, we do. Its the people, the food, the music, the atmosphere, yes even the stink. I have been told by several people, "you really are happy here aren't you?" Yes I am. I don't think it ever occured to me that a location could do this to me. Its just a piece of the puzzle for me that is coming together...a step toward pulling everything in my life together. It was a mighty big piece. So even though I have those awful, horrid days (or week) I need to remember where I am, and how happy it makes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home